Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Proteína da matriz do esmalte associada a R.T.G. e vidro bioativo no tratamento de furca grau III em cães
- Enamel matrix proteins associated with GTR and bioactive glass in the treatment of class III furcation in dogs
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This study investigated, both histologically and histometrically, the efficacy of enamel matrix derived proteins (EMD) associated with bioactive glass (BG) and an absorbable membrane in the treatment of class III furcation defects in mongrel dogs. After surgical defect creation and chronification, the lesions were randomly divided into three groups according to the treatment employed: Test Group 1 - EMD + BG + membrane, Test Group 2 - EMD + membrane and Control Group - BG + membrane. After a 90-day healing period, the dogs were sacrificed. The descriptive analysis and the histometric data showed similar results for the experimental groups in all studied parameters (MANOVA, p > 0.05). The association of Emdogain® with bioglass and GTR, or with GTR only, showed similar results when compared with the ones obtained with bioglass associated with membrane in the treatment of class III furcation defects in dogs. The three modalities of treatment showed partial filling of the furcations, with bone and cementum regeneration limited to the apical portion of the defects.
- Brazilian Oral Research, v. 19, n. 3, p. 169-175, 2005.
- Bioactive glass
- Dental enamel proteins
- Guided tissue regeneration
- Periodontal treatment
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.