Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Tm3+ and Tm3+-Ho3+ doped fluorogermanate glasses for S-band amplifiers
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE)
- Two series of glasses with composition (mol%) 70PbGeO3- 15PbF2-15CdF2, the first one with different Tm 3+ contents (0.2, 0.4, 0.6 and 0.8 mol%) and the second one with 0.2 mol% Tm3+ and different Ho3+ contents (0.1, 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5 mol%), have been prepared and some of their spectroscopic properties studied. Absorption in the visible-near infrared and emission in the near infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum have been obtained. Concerning emission at the 1.4-1.5 μm region, optimization of rare earth ions content leads to 0.2 and 0.5 mol% for Tm3+ and Ho3+, respectively. We discuss potential application of these compositions. © 2005 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, v. 351, n. 21-23, p. 1743-1746, 2005.
- Fiber lasers
- Germanium compounds
- Nuclear magnetic resonance
- Raman scattering
- Spectroscopic analysis
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Fluorogermanate glasses
- Rare earth ions
- Spectroscopic properties
- Metallic glass
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.