Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Investigação de Intrusão de Água Salgada em Aqüífero Superficial a Partir de Medidas de Resistividade Elétrica
- Investigation of salt-water intrusion in a shallow aquifer based on electrical resistivity measurements
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal do Paraná (UFPR)
- Geoplanejamento Ltda
- A site investigation program was carried out to detect salt-water intrusions in a shallow sedimentary aquifer based on electrical resistivity measurements. The site is located close to Paranaguá harbor, in the Paraná State, Brasil. At this site, high chloride concentration contaminated shallow water wells used to supply water for local industries. The site investigation program included a fieldwork, dipole-dipole electrical profiling, resistivity piezocone tests, physical-chemical analysis of sampled water and interpretation of borehole logs. The resistivity piezocone tests provided two simultaneous information; the soil stratigraphy at a very detailed level and a quasi-continuous resistivity profile. Both information adequately complemented dipole-dipole electrical profiling test data. The integration of all test data allowed identifying the contaminated areas as well as guided the location of new water wells to be installed in this area.
- Solos e Rochas, v. 28, n. 3, p. 249-260, 2005.
- Dipole-dipole electrical profiling
- Site investigation
- Concentration (process)
- Electric conductivity measurement
- Salt water intrusion
- Shallow aquifer
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.