Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Electrospray ionization mass spectrometry screening of piperidine alkaloids from Senna spectabilis (Fabaceae) extracts: Fast identification of new constituents and co-metabolites
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de Franca
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Instituto de Botânica
- The fragmentation pattern of a homologous series of piperidine alkaloids isolated from S. spectabilis was investigated using electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry (ESI-MS/MS). The ESI-MS and ESI-MS/MS analyses of EtOH extracts and fractions from flowers and fruits of S. spectabilis allowed to elucidate the structures of four new compounds. The identification of these co-metabolites, based on the fragmentation patterns of previously isolated compounds, and further confirmed by accurate mass spectrometry defines this technique as a powerful tool to determine the metabolomic profile of species which has pharmacological importance. ©2005 Sociedade Brasileira de Química.
- Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society, v. 16, n. 6 B, p. 1431-1438, 2005.
- Metabolomic profile
- Piperidine alkaloids
- Senna spectabilis
- Tandem mass spectrometry
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.