Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Flight range extension in Polistes simillimus Zikán, 1951 (Hymenoptera, Vespidae)
- Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora (UFJF)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The aim of this study was to determine the flight range extension of the social wasps, Polistes simillimus. The results of the 125 wasps-carried out tests originating from 10 colonies in post-emergency stage demonstrated that the flight range extension of P. simillimus was of approximately 150m, resulting in a collection area of about 70.650m2 by colony. It suggested wasp's efficiency as a biological control agent.
- Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology, v. 48, n. 6, p. 947-950, 2005.
- Flight range extension
- Nest return
- Polistes simillimus
- Social wasps
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.