Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Rainfall representativeness at TRMM & GPM PR resolution
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Precipitation radar on board the TRMM satellite was a milestone in the rainfall observation capability in the large scale. Stemming from TRMM the new mission GPM (Global Precipitation Measurement) is to overcome some TRMM shortcomings like the high level of the PR MDZ. However, for major problems like the PR horizontal resolution, significant improvements are not foreseeable. This papers investigates the impact of TRMM PR resolution on the structure of tropical rainfall. The issue is approached by both gradient analysis and texture verification. Results indicate that the impact maybe significant, affecting important applications like in NWP. © 2005 IEEE.
- International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), v. 6, p. 4130-4133.
- Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM)
- Precipitation radar
- Tropical rainfall
- Geographical regions
- Problem solving
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.