Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A load cell for grain-propelled ballistic rocket thrust measurement
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- IMBEL/FPV - Indústria de Material Bélico do Brasil
- A 1000-kgf resistive strain-gauge load cell has been developed for quality testing of rocket propellant grain. A 7075-T6 aluminum alloy has been used for the elastic column, in which 8 uniaxial, 120-Ω strain gauges have been bonded and connected to form a full Wheatstone bridge to detect the strain. The chosen geometry makes the transducer insensitive to moments and, also, to the temperature. Experimental tests using a universal testing machine to imposed compression force to the load cell have demonstrated that its behavior is linear, with sensitivity of 2.90 μV/kgf ± 0.34%, and negligible hysteresis. The designed force transducer response to a dynamic test has been comparable to that of a commercial load cell. © 2005 IEEE.
- Conference Record - IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, v. 3, p. 1767-1772.
- Force measurement
- Force transducer
- Load cells
- Load measurement
- Strain gauge
- Thrust measurement
- Force transducers
- Universal testing machine
- Aluminum alloys
- Military rockets
- Strain gages
- Structural loads
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.