Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Ferroelectric switching and dielectric response of P(VDF-TrFE)/PMMA blends
- Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The ferroelectric and the dielectric behaviors of binary blends formed by an equi-molar Poly(vinylidene fluoride trifluoroethylene) copolymer [P(VDF-TrFE)] and Poly(methyl methacrylate) [PMMA] were investigated, for several PMMA compositions. For 40 wt.% or more PMMA contents, the blends are completely amorphous. Below this value, they crystallize in the usual Cm2m polar structure of P(VDF-TrFE). The ferroelectric switching characteristics and the dielectric response of the blends demonstrate the formation of dynamically stable ferroelectric domains. Moreover, the blended films are highly transparent in the optical region. Therefore, thin films of these binary blends are good candidates as host materials for nonlinear optical applications.
- Proceedings - International Symposium on Electrets, v. 2005, p. 174-177.
- Amorphous materials
- Ferroelectric materials
- Nonlinear optics
- Polymethyl methacrylates
- Binary blends
- Dielectric response
- Ferroelectric domains
- Ferroelectric switching
- Polymer blends
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.