Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Electrooptic proprieties of layer-by-layer films of a azobenzene containing copolymer
- Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The methacrylic copolymer functionalized with the azo chromophore 4-[N-ethyl-N-(2-hydroxiethyl)]-amino-2′-chloro-4-nitroazobenzene (MMADR13), in its polyelectrolyte form, can be used to fabricate thin films by the layer-by-layer (LbL) technique just if one alternates this anionic polyelectrolyte with a cationic polyelectrolyte such as poly(allylamine hydrochloride) (PAH). Since PAH does not present any particular optical functionality, the main final film feature will came from the side chain DR13 azo-chromophore group due to its large nonlinear optical properties and photoisomerization capabilities. This work reports the electrooptic activity of MMADR13/DR13 LBL films, which arises from the high hiperpolarizability about the azo side chain group.
- Proceedings - International Symposium on Electrets, v. 2005, p. 528-531.
- Acrylic monomers
- Cationic polymerization
- Electrooptical effects
- Anionic polyelectrolytes
- Electrooptic proprieties
- Layer by layer films (LbL)
- Methacrylic copolymer
- Polymer films
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.