Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Fatores que afetam a oviposição de Bemisia tabaci (Genn.) biótipo B (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) na cultura algodoeira
- Cotton crop effects on Bemisia tabaci (Genn.) biotype B (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) oviposition
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Instituto Agronômico - IAC
- The objective of this work was to evaluate the oviposition behavior of the whitefly Bemisia tabaci (Genn.) biotype B in relation to leaf position, plant age, and adult density on cotton plants. The genotype IAC 22 was used to do the tests. In free-choice tests, 20, 30 and 40 day-old plants were used to evaluate age efects and 40 day-old plants to study egg distribution in the plant and on the leaf surface. In a no-choice test, 20 day-old plants were used to evaluate densities of 50, 100 and 150 adults per plant. The lobe areas on the leaf surface and apical leaves were preferred for whitefly egg laying and therefore more suitable for egg sampling in cotton plants. The 20 day-old plants were preferred for oviposition, and the densities of 100 and 150 adults per plant ensured the number of eggs enough to discriminate cotton genotypes with different whitefly resistance degrees.
- Neotropical Entomology, v. 34, n. 5, p. 823-827, 2005.
- Gossypium hirsutum
- Bemisia tabaci
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.