Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- The temperature dependence of the QCD running coupling
- Steffens, F. M.
- Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- We study the running of the QCD coupling with the momentum squared (Q 2) and the temperature scales in the high temperature limit (T > Tc), using a mass dependent renormalization scheme to build the Renormalization Group Equations. The approach used guaranty gauge invariance, through the use of the Hard Thermal Loop approximation, and independence of the vertex chosen to renormalize the coupling. In general, the dependence of the coupling with the temperature is not logarithmical, although in the region Q2 ∼ T2 the logarithm approximation is reasonable. Finally, as known from Debye screening, color charge is screened in the coupling. The number of flavors, however, is anti-screened.
- Brazilian Journal of Physics, v. 36, n. 2 B, p. 582-585, 2006.
- Finite temperature QCD
- Running coupling
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.