Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Film based on Y2O3: Eu3+ (5 mol% of Eu3+) for flat panel display
- Univ Fed Sao Joao Rei
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de Minas Gerais (FAPEMIG)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 03/10195-1
- This paper reports on Y2O3:Eu3+ containing 1 mol% of Ag-0 nanoparticle films recovered with a SiO2 layer by using glass foil as a substrate for a possible optical display device application. The obtained film showed an intense emission at 612 nm due to the Eu3+ 5D0 -> F-7(2) hypersensitive transition, a high transmittance in that emission range, an excellent optical quality, and a high absorption only below 300 nm. Moreover, despite the presence of the SiO2 layer used to improve the phosphor adhesion on Corning (R) foil substrates, the intensity ratios between the emissions assigned to Eu3+ D-5(0) -> F-7(2) (dipole electric transition) and D-5(0) -> F-7(1) (dipole magnetic transition) were not affected by it. The x and y coordinate values found in the 1931 Commission Internationale de l'Eclairage Chromaticity Diagram for this film reveal that it has a suitable pure red color emission for optical displays devices. (C) 2012 Elsevier B. V. All rights reserved.
- Thin Solid Films. Lausanne: Elsevier B.V. Sa, v. 524, p. 299-303, 2012.
- Elsevier B.V. Sa
- Thin films
- Yttrium oxide
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.