Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Physical and chemical characterization of dovyalis fruits
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The objective of this work was to establish physical and chemical characterizations of dovyalis hybrid fruits (Dovyalis abyssinica and D. hebecarpa). Samples of 25 fruits were characterized by evaluation of length and width, weight, percentage and number of seeds per fruit, peel percentage, pulp percentage, total soluble solids (TSS), titratable acidity (TA), vitamin C and TSS/TA ratio. Dovyalis fruit has good physical quality for market with an average of 75% pulp. Vitamin C content averaged 120.3 mg/100 g of fresh fruit, characterizing dovyalis as a good source of vitamin C. © 2005 by The Haworth Press, Inc. All rights reserved.
- International Journal of Fruit Science, v. 5, n. 4, p. 39-46, 2006.
- Dovyalis hebecarpa
- Dovyalis hybrid
- Exotic plant Dovyalis abyssinica
- Fruit quality
- food market
- nutritive value
- Dovyalis abyssinica
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.