Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A route to obtain Gd2O3:Nd3+ with different particle size
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 03/10195-1
- This work reports the chemical etching effect of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (H(4)EDTA) on the particle size of Gd2O3:Nd3+ phosphor obtained from the thermal decomposition of Gd-2(OH)(2)(CO3)center dot nH(2)O:Nd3+. Thermogravimetric behavior of the precursor Gd-2(OH)(2)(CO3)center dot nH(2)O:Nd3+ (2 at%) is presented and discussed. Structural and spectroscopic investigation of the Gd2O3:Nd3+ powders revealed that this phosphor displays a band emission in the infrared region, which is an important feature for photonic applications. The treatment with different EDTA concentrations results in different Gd2O3:Nd3+ particle size. Through SEM analysis, we have demonstrated that the particle size of Gd2O3:Nd3+ decreases with increasing amount of EDTA. Hereby, we report a chemical etching method as a route to obtain particle size control which is an important requirement to improve phosphor properties and its applicability. (C) 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Materials Chemistry and Physics. Lausanne: Elsevier B.V. Sa, v. 127, n. 1-2, p. 40-44, 2011.
- Elsevier B.V. Sa
- Optical material
- Inorganic compounds
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.