Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Rendimento de óleo essencial de Salvia officinalis L. sob ação de reguladores vegetais
- Essential oil yield in Salvia officinallis L. under the action of plant growth regulators
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This study aimed to evaluate the effect of different plant growth regulators on essential oil yield in Salvia officinalis L. plants. The experiment was held in a greenhouse and the experimental design was completely randomized, with 5 treatments and three replications. The Treatments consisted in the application of gibberellic acid (GA3), benzylaminopurine (BAP), 2-chloroethyl phosphonic acid (ethephon), and Stimulate at 2%, compared with control plants (water). Applications of plant growth regulators were performed in three consecutive periods, in turn, 15, 25 and 35 days after transplanting of seeding germinating in the light at 25°C. The dry mass yield of the aerial part and the oil essential content were determined 131 days after the transplant. The aerial part of the plants was dried in an oven at 35°C; after dry mass determination, the oil was extracted by hydrodistillation and its volume was determined. Plants treated with GA 3 and Stimulate showed increase in essential oil content, while plants treated with BAP and ethephon showed decrease in essential oil volume when compared with the control plants.
- Acta Scientiarum - Biological Sciences, v. 28, n. 3, p. 189-193, 2006.
- Essential oil
- Plant growth regulators
- Salvia officinalis L.
- essential oil
- gibberellic acid
- phosphonic acid derivative
- purine derivative
- unclassified drug
- controlled study
- dry mass
- Salvia officinalis
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.