Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Global analysis of aerodynamics deflectors efficiency in the grinding process
- Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The conventional, grinding methods in some cases are not very efficient because the arising of thermal damages in the pieces is very common. Optimization methods of cutting fluid application in the grinding zone are essential to prevent thermal problems from interaction of the wheel grains with the workpiece. surface. The optimization can happen through the correct selection of the cut parameters and development of devices that eliminate air layer effects generated around the grinding wheel. This article will collaborate with the development of an experimentation methodology which allows evaluating, comparatively, the performance of the deflectors in the cutting region to minimize the air layer effect of the high speed of the grinding wheel. The air layers make the cutting fluid jet to dissipate in the machine. An optimized nozzle was used in order to compare the results with the conventional method (without baffles or deflectors) of cutting fluid application. The results showed the high eficciency of the deflectors or baffles in the finish results. Copyright © 2006 by ABCM.
- Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, v. 28, n. 2, p. 140-145, 2006.
- Cutting fluid
- Grinding process
- Optimized application
- Cutting fluids
- Fluid mechanics
- Grinding wheels
- Grinding machines
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.