Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Medicação de alto custo para portador de sofrimento psíquico: Um estudo preliminar dos custos
- High cost drugs for carrier of psychic suffering: A preliminary study of costs
- Faculdade de Medicina de Marília (FAMEMA)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The present work aims to raise the costs of high-cost drugs used to treat patients of Refractory Schizophrenia in ambulatory unit. The study was carried out in the Psychosocial Support Center, which treated 33 patients with these medications, during the period of June, 2005 to May, 2006. Data analysis disclosed that the mostly used drugs to treat the carriers of Refractory Schizophrenia were: clozapina and risperidona. It was observed that the treatment with olanzapina is more expensive than that with risperidona. The study concluded that the analysis of the consumption and costs of drugs of high cost is necessary to subside better management of the expenses and new investments in the service. Moreover, the necessity of more studies in the area was also identified to contribute with the control of costs.
- Acta Scientiarum - Health Sciences, v. 29, n. 1, p. 19-23, 2007.
- Atypical antipsychotics
- neuroleptic agent
- ambulatory care
- clinical article
- controlled study
- cost control
- cost effectiveness analysis
- drug cost
- drug use
- mental health service
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.