Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Estudo de coprólito da bacia sedimentar do Araripe por meios de espectroscopia FT-IR e difração de Raios-X
- Study of coprolites from the Araripe sedimentary basin through FT-IR spectroscopy and x-ray diffraction
- Universidade Federal do Maranhão (UFMA)
- Universidade Federal do Ceará (UFC)
- Universidade Regional do Cariri Departamento de Ciências Físicas e Biológicas
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coprolites are fossilized faeces that constitute an important source of palaeobiological informations. This paper describes the characterization of some coprolite materials originated from the Romualdo Member of the Santana Formation (Araripe Basin, south of Ceará State in Brazil) by means of two techniques: X-ray powder diffraction and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR). This characterization allowed us to determine the main composition of the coprolites, of the nodulus (where the coprolites were extracted) and of the sediment (where the nodulus was found) suggesting that the material was produced by a carnivorous fish of the Lower Cretaceous.
- Química Nova. Sociedade Brasileira de Química, v. 30, n. 8, p. 1956-1958, 2007.
- Sociedade Brasileira de Química
- X-ray diffraction
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.