Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Multiple particle and cluster emissions from Zr following intermediate energies photo absorption
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Center of Applied Studies for Nuclear Developments (CEADEN)
- Santa Cruz State University
- A new approach based on a N-a cluster photoabsorption model is proposed for the understanding of the puzzling steady increase behavior of the 90Zr (e, α) yield measured at the National Bureau of Standards (NBS) within the Giant Dipole Resonance and quasideuteron energy range. The calculation takes into account the pre-equilibrium emissions of protons, neutrons and alpha particles in the framework of an extended version of the multicollisional intranuclear cascade model (MCMC). Another Monte Carlo based algorithm describes the statistical decay of the compound nucleus in terms of the competition between particle evaporation (p, n, d, α, 3He and t) and nuclear fission. The results reproduce quite successfully the 90Zr (e,α) yield, suggesting that emissions of a particles are essential for the interpretation of the exotic increase of the cross sections.
- 8th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Applications and Utilization of Accelerators, ACCAPP'07, p. 713-716.
- Compound nucleuses
- Cross sections
- Energy ranges
- Extended versions
- Intermediate energies
- Intranuclear cascade models
- Monte carlo
- Multiple particles
- New approaches
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.