Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Study of the potential of irregular shaped bodies and orbits around a non-spherical body
- Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (INPE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In the present work we show the expressions of the gravitational potential of homogeneous bodies with non-spherical three-dimensional shapes in order to study the trajectories around these bodies. The potentials of a prolate and an oblate ellipsoids with different values of semi-major axis are presented. Their results are validated with a test using a spherical body in order to guarantee the approximation of any body as a polyhedral model of the body. With these expressions we study trajectories of a point of mass around the three-dimensional bodies and the results indicated that there is a group of orbits around those bodies and the polyhedral form of the object does work very well. Copyright IAF/IAA. All rights reserved.
- International Astronautical Federation - 58th International Astronautical Congress 2007, v. 7, p. 4384-4390.
- Three dimensional
- Gravitational potentials
- Major axes
- Polyhedral models
- Spherical bodies
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.