Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Parâmetros fisiológicos do desempenho de cavalos de alta performance hidratados voluntariamente com água ou solução isotônica contendo carboidrato
- Physiological parameters of high performance horses watered spontaneously with regular (ordinary) water or isotonic solution containing carbohydrate
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- During eight weeks, in summer, four endurance trained high performance horses were worked in resistence exercise, recieving two different types of hydratatio, water or an isotonic solution containing carbohydrates, with the objective to compare their performance physiological parameters. Only the RT (rectal temperature), HR (heart rate), RR (respiratory rate), weight, total protein, glucose, the electrolytes K, Ca and the muscular enzyme CK presented distance effect. The others parameters evaluated, there weren't any identified effects of treatment and of the interaction between distance and treatments, with a significancy level of 5%, and it was concluded that the isotonic solution containing carbohydrate didn't have any significant influence on the animal's performance when compared to water.
- Brazilian Journal of Veterinary Research and Animal Science, v. 44, n. 2, p. 122-131, 2007.
- Isotonic solucion with carbohidrate
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.