Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Remodelação cardíaca induzida pelo tabagismo (tabaquismo)
- Potential mechanisms of cardiac remodeling induced by tobacco
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Previous studies accomplished by our group suggest that tobacco smoke exposure results in cardiac remodeling, with progressive ventricular dysfunction. However, the mechanisms involved in this process are not known. Therefore, our laboratory has been trying to identify the potentials responsible mechanisms for cardiac remodeling induced by tobacco. The blood pressure increase, the renin-angiotensin system and the oxidative stress can modulate this process. On the other hand, the activation of MMP-2 or MMP-9, as well as lipid peroxidation, don't seem to participate of the morphologic and functional alterations induced by tobacco smoke exposure.
- Salud(i)Ciencia, v. 15, n. 7, p. 1136-1138, 2007.
- Oxidative stress
- Renin-angiotensin system
- Ventricular function
- Ventricular remodeling
- gelatinase A
- gelatinase B
- adrenergic system
- blood pressure measurement
- enzyme activation
- heart ventricle function
- heart ventricle remodeling
- lipid peroxidation
- oxidative stress
- renin angiotensin aldosterone system
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.