Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A tectônica meso-cenozóica de parte da borda nordeste da Bacia do Paraná: traços de fissão em apatita
- The mesozoic-cenozoic tectonics of part of the northeastern margin of the Paraná Basin: Apatite fission tracks
- Gerência de Avaliação e Acompanhamento Geológico
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The possible development of thermal events in the central portion of São Paulo state was described based on apatite fission track analysis. Using apatites of sedimentary rocks of the Paraná Basin, modeling the thermal history was made possible due to the homogeneity of the data. Every thermal history begins with a total annealing of fission tracks, related to the Serra Geral magmatism, evolving into a cooling period. In addition to cooling after the magmatism (Early Cretaceous) two other periods of cooling were also detected, registered in the Late Cretaceous/ Paleocene and Eocene, driven as much by uplift with tectonic denudation as by faulting. The nearest portion of the edge of the basin (external to the Dome of Pitanga), registered a period of warming over the Paleocene that can be attributed to the increase in the geothermal gradient. The periods of cooling have a regional and temporal relationship with the tectonic events that occurred in the southeastern Brazil and were described in the crystalline basement. The period of warming, registered in the Late Cretaceous/ Paleocene, has local occurrence and can be found only in the southern portion of the studied area.
- Boletim de Geociencias da Petrobras, v. 16, n. 1, p. 7-20, 2007.
- Apatite fission tracks
- Mesozoic-cenozoic tectonics
- Thermal history
- fission track dating
- geothermal gradient
- sedimentary rock
- tectonic evolution
- Parana Basin
- Sao Paulo [Brazil]
- Eugenia uniflora
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.