Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Intoxicação natural por Clostridium botulinum tipo C: em grupo de aves domésticas
- Natural Clostridium botulinum type C toxicosis in a group of chicken
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Clostridium botulinum causative of toxic infections due to toxin ingestion previously formed, occur in several ingestion species, mainly birds. In a poultry farm, located at São Paulo State, more than 3,000 birds have been attacked by this toxic infections, when the birds showed motionless, loss of weight, accelerated, breathing, resulting in death of the birds. The blood harvest for attainment of the serum and later necropsy was carried out throwgh the following samples: liver, gizzard, crop, feed, water and litter. After that, the toxin was extracted by gelatin-phosphate buffer and inoculation in mice, isolation of the agent in Blood. Ágar and Reinforced Clostridium Ágar and neutralization of toxin determine its type. The inoculation in mice showed positive results in samples of liver, gizzad, crop and symptoms like was waist, and death of the birds by limp paralysis. The colonies that have been isolated, suspected of Clostridium botulinum showed expected results and further analysis revealed positive results to botulinical toxin type C. The farms have to pay attention in the routine jobs, choicer, and elimination of carcass because they are essential to keep this problem away.
- Archives of Veterinary Science, v. 12, n. 2, p. 13-16, 2007.
- Clostridium botulinum
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.