Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A identidade do agente comunitário de saúde: Uma abordagem fenomenológica
- The identity of the community healthcare agent: A phenomenological approach
- Secretaria Municipal de Saúde de Cerquilho
- Secretaria Municipal de Saúde de Maringá
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The structure of Brazil's National Health System (SUS) is being firmed up through programs adding a new element to its multi-professional healthcare teams: Community Healthcare Agents. This study examines psycho-social factors that are significant for the construction of this identity, from the standpoint of these Community Healthcare Agents, using the hermeneutic phenomenology of Paul Ricoeur as its reference methodology. The subjects of this survey were seven Community Healthcare Agents who were asked during interviews (with informed consent and after approval by the Research Ethics Committee) to: 'Tell me about your experience as Community Healthcare Agent'. The analysis of their replies indicated the following topics: previous experience; capacity-building for the job; bonding; building up expertise; gratifying experience; feelings of power(lessness); communications; daily work routines, personal growth; criticisms of the institution; user-agent experiences; and insertion into the social reality. The overall analysis disclosed the phenomenon through the convergence and divergence of the grouping of these topics, viewed from the standpoint of these Community Healthcare Agents and the psycho-social aspects constructing their identity.
- Ciencia e Saude Coletiva, v. 13, n. 1, p. 51-60, 2008.
- Community healthcare agent
- Family health program
- health auxiliary
- psychological aspect
- social behavior
- Community Health Aides
- Interviews as Topic
- Social Identification
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.