Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Arranjo espacial de plantas de milho em sistema plantio direto
- Spatial arrangement of corn plants in a no-tillage system
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Alagoas (UFAL)
- Campos Delza Gitai
- The interaction of management practices that increases plant density and reduces row spacing by spatial arrangement, if well planned, can be an excellent opportunity for the producers to increase their profitability. The objective of this study was to evaluate the variation effects of plant spatial distribution in two maize hybrids cultivated in a no-tillage system on the production components. The study was conducted in the CECA/UFAL. The treatments consisted of the cultivation of two hybrids of maize, FORT and AGN 30A00, in row spacings of 0.80 and 0.40 m and with plant densities of 60,000 and 70,000 plants ha -1. The statistical design was randomized blocks in a 2 x 2 x 2 factorial scheme, with three replications. From the results obtained, it may be concluded that neither the row spacing reduction nor plant density increase, as isolated practices, do not increase grain yield in the tested cultivars. The association of the reduction in row spacing and increase in plant population resulted in significant gain in grain productivity for the hybrid FORT.
- Revista Brasileira de Engenharia Agricola e Ambiental, v. 12, n. 1, p. 69-74, 2008.
- Plant density
- Row spacing
- Zea mays
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.