Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- The small x behavior of the gluon structure function from total cross-sections
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Within a QCD-based eikonal model with a dynamical infrared gluon mass scale we discuss how the small x behavior of the gluon distribution function at moderate Q 2 is directly related to the rise of total hadronic cross-sections. In this model the rise of total cross-sections is driven by gluon-gluon semihard scattering processes, where the behavior of the small x gluon distribution function exhibits the power law xg(x, Q 2) = h(Q 2)x( -∈). Assuming that the Q 2 scale is proportional to the dynamical gluon mass one, we show that the values of h(Q 2) obtained in this model are compatible with an earlier result based on a specific nonperturbative Pomeron model. We discuss the implications of this picture for the behavior of input valence-like gluon distributions at low resolution scales. © 2008 World Scientific Publishing Company.
- International Journal of Modern Physics A, v. 23, n. 1, p. 151-165, 2008.
- Dynamical gluon mass
- Gluon structure function
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.