Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Ossificação da sutura palatina mediana após o procedimento de expansão rápida da maxila: Estudo radiográfico
- Midpalatal suture ossification post rapid palatal expansion: A radiographic study
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Objective: the current study aims at following up radiographically the evolution of the midpalatal suture during the expansion procedure since the opening of the suture until bone formation. Methods: the sample comprised 38 patients in the mixed dentition stage submitted to the rapid palatal expansion protocol of the Hospital for Rehabilitation of Craniofacial Anomalies. Results: it was observed an individual variation on the period of bone ossification of the midpalatal suture, which justifies the radiographic follow-up as determinant for the appliance removal. Due to long-term post-treatment stability, the expander should be removed after the new suture is completely formed. Conclusions: the findings show that it is necessary more than three months for the complete reorganization of the midpalatal suture during the passive phase of the rapid palatal expansion.
- Revista Dental Press de Ortodontia e Ortopedia Facial, v. 13, n. 2, p. 124-131, 2008.
- Diagnostic imaging
- Rapidly maxillary expansion
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.