Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Inibição da mineralização de compostos nitrogenados de lixiviado de macrófita aquática: Adequação metodológica
- Inhibition of the mineralization of nitrogen compounds in leachate from aquatic macrophytes: Methodological adequacy
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- This study aimed to establish the adequate concentrations of nitrapyrin for the effective inhibition of oxygen demand required for the oxidation of nitrogen compounds during aerobic mineralization of leachate. The aquatic macrophyte Myriophyllum aquaticum was used as a source of dissolved organic matter (DOM). The leachate was incubated in several chambers, containing different composition and treatments: (i) treatment with leachate (DOM), (ii) treatment with DOM plus nitrapyrin in different concentrations (10; 25 and 50 mg L-1), aiming at finding the right concentration that inhibits the nitrification process, (iii) treatment with DOM plus NH4SO 2, (iv) treatment containing DOM and nitrapyrin plus NH 4SO2, and (v) treatment with DOM plus azide. The dissolved oxygen amount in each incubation treatment was periodically measured. The results indicated that the ratio of 10 mg L-1 of nitrapyrin for each 10 mg C of leachate is efficient in inhibiting the oxidation of nitrogen compounds from aquatic macrophytes.
- Acta Scientiarum - Biological Sciences, v. 30, n. 2, p. 159-164, 2008.
- Aquatic macrophytes
- Oxygen demand
- dissolved organic matter
- dissolved oxygen
- concentration (parameters)
- nitrogen mineralization
- oxygen consumption
- Myriophyllum aquaticum
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.