Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Desenvolvimento motor de criança com paralisia cerebral: Avaliação e intervenção
- Motor development of children with cerebral palsy: Assessment and intervention
- Universidade Estadual de Londrina (UEL)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The objective of this study was to analyze the motor development of a ten year old child with ataxic cerebral palsy and the effects of a motor activities program in the swimming pool. Motor development was measured according to the motor assessment and the intervention program of motor activities in the swimming pool conducted at Sesi/Londrina, twice a week, during 45 minute sessions over a 2 month period, with an attendance rate of 87%. Data was analyzed descriptively comparing the results with before and after tests. Generally, the motor quotient regarding all items was classified as very low, characterizing motor deficit, with exception of temporal organization, presented as normal low. After intervention, the only area that showed positive change was balance; this result showed that the child gained 12 months in motor age, without corresponding alterations in the other areas.
- Revista Brasileira de Educacao Especial, v. 14, n. 2, p. 163-176, 2008.
- Cerebral palsy
- Motor assessment
- Motor development
- Special education
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.