Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A 2-D delaunay refinement algorithm using an initial prerefinement from the boundary mesh
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- RWTH Aachen University
- An improvement to the quality bidimensional Delaunay mesh generation algorithm, which combines the mesh refinement algorithms strategy of Ruppert and Shewchuk is proposed in this research. The developed technique uses diametral lenses criterion, introduced by L. P. Chew, with the purpose of eliminating the extremely obtuse triangles in the boundary mesh. This method splits the boundary segment and obtains an initial prerefinement, and thus reducing the number of necessary iterations to generate a high quality sequential triangulation. Moreover, it decreases the intensity of the communication and synchronization between subdomains in parallel mesh refinement. © 2008 IEEE.
- IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, v. 44, n. 6, p. 1418-1421, 2008.
- Computational geometry
- Delaunay triangulation
- Finite-element methods (FEMs)
- Boundary mesh
- Parallel mesh refinement
- Finite element method
- Parallel processing systems
- Mesh generation
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.