Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Inclusão de ovo desidratado em rações para frangos de corte nas fases pré-inicial e de crescimento
- Inclusion of dried egg powder in pre-initial and growing diets of broiler chickens
- Universidade Federal da Paraíba (UFPB)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- The experiment was carried out to determine the optimum inclusion level of dried egg powder (DEGG) in the pre-initial and growing rations of broilers. Male Cobb-500 chicks (n= 1,152) with initial live weight of 43.46 ± 0.23 g were housed in cages of 1,0 x 1,5 m. A completely randomized design with four rations 0, (0.5, 1.0 and 1.5% of DEGG), each one with 18 replications of 16 birds. Isoproteic and isoenergetic rations were used, with 21.9% CP and 2,950 kcal AMEn from 1 to 7 days old and 20.9% CP and 3,000 kcal AMEn from 8 to 21 days old. Egg contents were dried at 55°C for 72 hours and were negative for Salmonella spp. Dried egg powder inclusion levels showed a quadratic effect on feed intake, live weight, weight gain and feed conversion. Weight gain was obtained with the use of 0.53% dried egg powder in the ration in the prestarter and 0.73% in the initial growth phase. © 2008 Sociedade Brasileira de Zootecnia.
- Revista Brasileira de Zootecnia, v. 37, n. 7, p. 1265-1270, 2008.
- Cracked eggs
- Egg nutritive value
- Gallus gallus
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.