Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Triterpene benzoates from the bark of Picramnia teapensis (Simaroubaceae)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Univ Nacl
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Two new benzoic acid esters of triterpene alcohols [lup-20 (29)-en-28-oic acid 3 alpha, 7 beta -dibenzoate and 3 alpha -hydroxy-lup-20(29)-en-28-ic acid 7 beta -benzoate] were isolated from the stem bark of Picramnia teapensis Tul. The structures of these compounds were established on the basis of spectral analyses. Other known compounds, beta -sitosterol, estigmasterol, lupeol and epilupeol, were identified in mixture by GC-MS. The triterpene esters have not shown in-vitro inhibitory effect on the growth of Leucoagaricus gongylophorus (Fisher), referred also as Leucocoprinus gongylophorus (Heim), syn Rozites gongylophora (Moller), the symbiotic fungus cultivated by the leaf-cutting ant Atta sexdens L.
- Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society. São Paulo: Soc Brasileira Quimica, v. 12, n. 3, p. 386-390, 2001.
- Soc Brasileira Quimica
- triterpene esters
- Picramnia teapensis
- Atta sexdens
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.