Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Gravitational field of a straight cosmic string in the framework of higher-derivative gravity
- Centro Brasileiro de Pesquisas Físicas (CBPF)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The gravitational properties of a straight cosmic string are studied in the linear approximation of higher-derivative gravity. These properties are shown to be very different from those found using linearized Einstein gravity: there exists a short range gravitational (anti-gravitational) force in the nonrelativistic limit; in addition, the deflection angle of a light ray moving in a plane orthogonal to the string depends on the impact parameter. © 2008 World Scientific Publishing Company.
- Modern Physics Letters A, v. 23, n. 24, p. 1999-2009, 2008.
- Anti-gravitational force
- Gravitational force
- Linearized higher-derivative gravity
- Straight cosmic string
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.