Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- TERRITORIAL DISPUTES, LABOUR RELATIONS and ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH IN AGROHIDRONEGOCIO sugarcane IN THE PONTAL PARANAPANEMA (SP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- This research aims to analyze the conflict over land in Postal do Paranapanema (state of São Paulo, Brazil), considering the competition for water resources and the degradation of environmental health in the area called the agrohidronegocio sugarcane. The survey results indicate that the expansion of sugarcane cultivation in this region is causing the worsening health of workers. Moreover, the research also seeks to identify alternative models to the hegemonic project of regional development based on matrix agrohidroenergetica. For this, the research has as interlocutors various types of social movements such as the Landless Workers Movement and the Movement of Dam Affected, and union leaders.
- Scripta Nova-revista Electronica de Geografia Y Ciencias Sociales. Barcelona: Univ Barcelona, Dept Geografia Humana, v. 16, n. 418, p. 6, 2012.
- Univ Barcelona, Dept Geografia Humana
- water resources management
- land monopoly and water
- environmental health
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.