Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- DYNAMICS AT INFINITY of A CUBIC CHUA'S SYSTEM
- Messias, Marcelo
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- CNPq: 305204/2009-2
- We use the Poincare compactification for a polynomial vector field in R(3) to study the dynamics near and at infinity of the classical Chua's system with a cubic nonlinearity. We give a complete description of the phase portrait of this system at infinity, which is identified with the sphere S(2) in R(3) after compactification, and perform a numerical study on how the solutions reach infinity, depending on the parameter values. With this global study we intend to give a contribution in the understanding of this well known and extensively studied complex three-dimensional dynamical system.
- International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos. Singapore: World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd, v. 21, n. 1, p. 333-340, 2011.
- World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd
- Chua's system
- Poincare compactification
- dynamics at infinity
- global behavior
- chaotic attractor
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.