Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Numerical simulation of drop impact and jet buckling problems using the eXtended Pom-Pom model
- Univ Porto
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- CNPq: 477858/2009-0
- CNPq: 305447/2010-6
- CNPq: 302631/2010-0
- CNPq: 471793/2010-8
- FAPESP: 09/15892-9
- CAPES: BEX 2844/10-9
- FEDER: PTDC/EME-MFE/114322/2009
- This work presents numerical simulations of two fluid flow problems involving moving free surfaces: the impacting drop and fluid jet buckling. The viscoelastic model used in these simulations is the eXtended Pom-Pom (XPP) model. To validate the code, numerical predictions of the drop impact problem for Newtonian and Oldroyd-B fluids are presented and compared with other methods. In particular, a benchmark on numerical simulations for a XPP drop impacting on a rigid plate is performed for a wide range of the relevant parameters. Finally, to provide an additional application of free surface flows of XPP fluids, the viscous jet buckling problem is simulated and discussed. (C) 2011 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Journal of Non-newtonian Fluid Mechanics. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 169, p. 91-103, 2012.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Finite difference method
- Free surface flows
- Implicit techniques
- Viscoelastic fluids
- Drop impact
- Jet buckling
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.