Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Infarto do miocárdio experimental em ratos: Análise do modelo
- Experimental myocardium infarction in rats: analysis of the model
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- One of the most often used strategies to study the physiopathological alterations caused by coronary occlusion is the use of the experimental infarction model in rats. Among other factors, this is due to the similarities in the physiopathological alterations that occur after the infarction in humans. One must consider, however, that this model has characteristics that can hinder the use as well as the interpretation of eventual outcomes. Thus, this review aims at analyzing the main characteristics of the experimental infarction model in rats, discussing the coronary occlusion technique, the consequences and the methods of morphological and functional assessment of the infarction and its clinical implications.
- Arquivos Brasileiros de Cardiologia, v. 93, n. 4, 2009.
- Animals, laboratory
- Coronary occlusion
- Myocardial infarction
- animal experiment
- animal model
- controlled study
- heart failure
- heart infarction
- heart size
- heart surgery
- heart ventricle hypertrophy
- muscle cell
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.