Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- DSC studies on protein isolate of guava seeds Psidium guajava
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Predilecta Foods (Sao Lourenco do Turvo, SP, Brazil)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Fundação para o Desenvolvimento da UNESP (FUNDUNESP)
- SIBAN Foundation
- Glutelin, the major protein fraction from guava seed, was obtained by fractioning as described by Osborne. The total proteins were extracted and the isolates obtained by isoelectric precipitation presented similar DSC curves, concordant with the results obtained by gel filtration chromatography and electrophoresis in polyacrylamide gel (PAGE-SDS). However, the DSC curves showed a higher enthalpy with regard to the denaturing protein isolate (PI) extracted at pH 10.0 when compared to a PI at pH 11.5. Such results are in accordance with those obtained for PI extracted at pH 10.0 using chromatography, this one being present in the form of molecular aggregates of greater molecular mass. The glutelin fraction, however, did not present a denaturation peak in the DSC curve, showing that the process for obtaining the same significantly altered its conformation.
- Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry. Dordrecht: Springer, v. 93, n. 2, p. 397-402, 2008.
- protein isolate
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.