Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Phylogeny of Triatoma sherlocki (Hemiptera: Reduviidae: Triatominae) Inferred from Two Mitochondrial Genes Suggests Its Location Within the Triatoma brasiliensis Complex
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Fiocruz MS
- Fundação para o Desenvolviniento da UNESP
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- FUNDUNESP: 066/06
- FAPESP: 06/02778-5
- FAPESP: 05/52608-6
- The phylogenetic position of Triatoma sherlocki within triatomines group was inferred by analyzing mtDNA fragments of Cyt B and 16S ribosomal RNA by using maximum parsimony and Bayesian analysis. Despite being differentiated from members of the T brasiliensis complex on morphologic grounds, molecular phylogenetic analysis suggests T sherlocki is a member of this complex; moreover, it was placed as a sister species of T melanica. These suggestions were supported by robust credibility rates. Hence, we show evidence for the paraphyletic group of the "Triatoma brasiliensis complex," which should be composed of T.brasiliensisbrasiliensis, T.brasiliensismacromelasoma, T.juazeirensis, T.melanica,and T.sherlocki.
- American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. Mclean: Amer Soc Trop Med & Hygiene, v. 81, n. 5, p. 858-864, 2009.
- Amer Soc Trop Med & Hygiene
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.