Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Wireless mesh networks planning based on parameters of quality of service
- National Institute of Spatial Researches
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The use of QoS parameters to evaluate the quality of service in a mesh network is essential mainly when providing multimedia services. This paper proposes an algorithm for planning wireless mesh networks in order to satisfy some QoS parameters, given a set of test points (TPs) and potential access points (APs). Examples of QoS parameters include: probability of packet loss and mean delay in responding to a request. The proposed algorithm uses a Mathematical Programming model to determine an adequate topology for the network and Monte Carlo simulation to verify whether the QoS parameters are being satisfied. The results obtained show that the proposed algorithm is able to find satisfactory solutions.
- ICORES 2012 - Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Operations Research and Enterprise Systems, p. 441-446.
- Mathematical Programming
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Wireless mesh networks
- Access points
- Mathematical programming models
- Mean delays
- Mesh network
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Parameters of quality
- QoS parameters
- Test points
- Computer programming
- Mathematical programming
- Monte Carlo methods
- Multimedia services
- Quality of service
- Wireless mesh networks (WMN)
- MESH networking
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.