Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A broad study of two new promising antimycobacterial drugs: Ag(I) and Au(I) complexes with 2-(2-thienyl)benzothiazole
- Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora (UFJF)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de Minas Gerais (FAPEMIG)
- FAPEMIG: CEX-APQ-00173/09
- FAPEMIG: 02967/10
- FAPEMIG: 00256/11
- Synthesis, characterization, DFT simulation and biological assays of two new metal complexes of 2-(2-thienyl)benzothiazole - BTT are reported. The complexes [Ag(BTT)(2)NO3] - AgBTT2 and [Au(BTT)Cl]center dot 1/2H(2)O - AuBTT were obtained by mixing the ligand with silver (I) nitrate or gold(I) chloride in methanolic solution. Characterization of the complexes were based on elemental (C, H, N and S), thermal (TG-DTA) analysis, C-13 and H-1 NMR, FT-IR and UV-Vis spectroscopic measurements, as well as the X-ray structure determination for AgBTT2. Spectroscopic data predicted by DFT calculations were in agreement with the experimental data for both complexes. The ligand BTT was synthesized by the condensation of 2-thiophenecarboxaldehyde and 2-aminothiophenol in a microwave furnace. AgBTT2 has a monomeric structure. Both complexes show a good activity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Free BIT shows low antitubercular activity. (C) 2012 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Polyhedron. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd, v. 38, n. 1, p. 291-296, 2012.
- Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.