Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Emended description of Yersinia massiliensis
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- FAPESP: 06/51434-7
- FAPESP: 07/01146-8
- The bacterial genus Yersinia belongs to the family Enterobacteriaceae and comprises 15 species. Species of the genus Yersinia are usually identified by their phenotypic characteristics. Thus, it is essential to establish a complete phenotypic classification for all species of the genus Yersinia. The species Yersinia massiliensis was proposed in 2008, based on 16S rRNA, gyrB, hsp60, rpoB and sodA gene sequences and some distinguishing phenotypic characteristics. In this study, four Yersinia strains classified as Y. massiliensis based on the sequencing of the loci mentioned above were subjected to a more detailed phenotypic characterization. This characterization revealed differences in the results of four tests previously reported as diagnostic for Y. massiliensis and the results of 18 additional tests provided new information about the biochemical diversity of this species. In the light of the results of the phenotypic characteristics of the four strains of Y. massiliensis, an emended description of Y. massiliensis is presented.
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. Reading: Soc General Microbiology, v. 61, p. 1094-1097, 2011.
- Soc General Microbiology
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.