Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Description of the female and new records of Triatoma baratai Carcavallo & Jurberg, 2000 (Hemiptera: Heteroptera: Reduviidae: Triatominae) from Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil, with a key to the species of the Triatoma matogrossensis subcomplex
- Universidade de Brasília (UnB)
- Minist Saude
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Inst Oswaldo Cruz
- Triatoma baratai Carcavallo & Jurberg, 2000, a species similar to Triatoma williami Galvao, Souza & Lima, 1967 and belonging to the T. matogrossensis subcomplex, was described based on a male specimen collected in a sylvatic environment, near a cave, in Bonito county, Bodoquena mountain range, state of Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil. In the present work we describe the female of T. baratai, captured in a chicken house, in Nioaque county, state of Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil. Furthermore, we recorded the occurrence of T. baratai in domiciles and peridomestic environment in another four municipalities (Bodoquena, Bela Vista, Corumba, and Miranda), extending its geographical distribution. Finally, we present a key to the species of the Triatoma matogrossensis subcomplex.
- Zootaxa. Auckland: Magnolia Press, n. 3151, p. 63-68, 2012.
- Magnolia Press
- Geographical distribution
- T. matogrossensis subcomplex
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.