Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Two matrix-based lattice construction techniques
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- San Diego State University
- Universidade Federal de Alagoas (UFAL)
- Universidade Federal do Ceará (UFC)
- Let m and n be integers greater than 1. Given lattices A and B of dimensions m and n, respectively, a technique for constructing a lattice from them of dimension m+n-1 is introduced. Furthermore, if A and B possess bases satisfying certain conditions, then a second technique yields a lattice of dimension m+n-2. The relevant parameters of the new lattices are given in terms of the respective parameters of A,B, and a lattice C isometric to a sublattice of A and B. Denser sphere packings than previously known ones in dimensions 52, 68, 84, 248, 520, and 4098 are obtained. © 2012 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Linear Algebra and Its Applications, v. 438, n. 7, p. 3001-3010, 2013.
- Generator matrices
- Geometry of numbers
- Sphere packings
- Generator matrix
- Lattice construction
- Crystal lattices
- Number theory
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.