Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Desempenho motor de aluno com paralisia cerebral discinética frente à adaptação das propriedades físicas de recurso pedagógico
- Motor performance of students with dyskinetic cerebral palsy and the adaptation of physical properties of educacional resources
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- The main purpose of this study was to analyze the modified physical properties of an educational resource for facilitating the handling of a child with dyskinetic cerebral palsy. The participant of the study was a six year old child with dyskinetic cerebral palsy enrolled in a regular early childhood education classroom. The educational resource that was selected was a brick game, in which the physical properties of weight, size and texture had been modified. The analysis was made regarding the quality of upper limb movement to the variables: righting index, scalar displacement (s), average speed (As) and time (t). The results showed that combined large size and heavy weight did not have a satisfactory outcome, affecting both grasping the educational resource and fitting. There was also inconsistency in children with cerebral palsy's responses. There is variation in the results, though a standard cannot be established. Thus, this study contributed to understanding the motor responses of a child with dyskinetic cerebral palsy when participating in a fitting activity with educational resources in which the physical properties had been modified.
- Revista Brasileira de Educacao Especial, v. 19, n. 2, p. 257-272, 2013.
- Cerebral palsy
- Educational resource
- Special education
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.