Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- 7-Hydroxycassine: A new 2,6-dialkylpiperidin-3-ol alkaloid and other constituents isolated from flowers and fruits of senna spectabilis (Fabaceae)
- Federal University of Alfenas
- Federal University of Uberlâdia
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 03/02176-7
- The phytochemical study of flowers and green fruits of Senna spectabilis furnished a new substituted 2,6-dialkylpiperidin-3-ol alkaloid, named (-)-7-hydroxycassine, along with five known piperidine alkaloids: (-)-cassine, (-)-spectaline, (-)-3-O-acetylspectaline, (-)-7-hydroxyspectaline and (-)-iso-6-spectaline. In addition to non-alkaloidal, chemical constituents from other chemical classes were also identified, including the steroid β-sitosterol, the flavonoids luteolin and 3-methoxyluteolin, the triterpene betulinic acid and trans-cinnamic acid. To our knowledge, compounds are being reported for the first time in this species. © 2013 Sociedade Brasileira de Quimica.
- Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society, v. 24, n. 2, p. 230-235, 2013.
- Piperidine alkaloids
- Senna spectabilis
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.