Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Three-dimensional modeling and highly refined mesh generation of the aorta artery and its tunics
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Faculdade de Medicina de São José do Rio Preto (FAMERP)
- Zhejiang University
- This paper describes strategies and techniques to perform modeling and automatic mesh generation of the aorta artery and its tunics (adventitia, media and intima walls), using open source codes. The models were constructed in the Blender package and Python scripts were used to export the data necessary for the mesh generation in TetGen. The strategies proposed are able to provide meshes of complicated and irregular volumes, with a large number of mesh elements involved (12,000,000 tetrahedrons approximately). These meshes can be used to perform computational simulations by Finite Element Method (FEM). © Published under licence by IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Journal of Physics: Conference Series, v. 410, n. 1, 2013.
- Automatic mesh generation
- Computational simulation
- Mesh elements
- Open-source code
- Three-dimensional modeling
- Blood vessels
- Finite element method
- Mathematical models
- Mesh generation
- Three dimensional
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.