Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Association of ABO gene mutations resulting in a rare B subgroup
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Background and Objectives B subgroups are rare and the genetic analysis reported to date has been limited.Materials and Methods Serological and molecular investigations were performed in blood from a B-subgroup donor.Results Red cells did not react with anti-B and anti-AB reagents. However, cells absorbed anti-B. Red cells presented positive reactions with anti-H, and saliva secreted H substance. The molecular study demonstrated a B allele with the substitutions 467C>T, 646T>A, 681G>A, 771C>T, 796C>A, 803G>C, 829G>A and an 0 allele with the sequence of 002.Conclusions It is probable that the presence in exon 7 of some of the 002 substitutions could have weakened the enzymatic activity of the encoded B transferase.
- Vox Sanguinis. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing Ltd, v. 88, n. 1, p. 31-34, 2005.
- Blackwell Publishing
- B subgroup
- blood group
- molecular biology
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.