Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- MIGRATION MEASUREMENTS FROM PLASTIC PACKAGING: A SIMULATION STUDY ON INFLUENCE OF INITIAL CONCENTRATION PROFILE
- Instituto de Pesquisas Energéticas e Nucleares (IPEN)
- Univ Sao Judas Tadeu
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Migration of components from plastic packaging into foodstuffs or into medicines is a very important issue, concerning public health. Using experimental techniques, like gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, these essays measure total migration and specific migration of components from plastic packaging. This work presents an explanation and applications of a numerical technique tool for this measurement, allowing the comprehension of the diffusion process and the estimate of component migration in difficult or impractical measurements. As an application example, the non-uniform influence of initial concentration profile on the migration is presented, demonstrating the necessity of this profile determination for high quality considerations on involved metrology.
- Metrology and Measurement Systems. Warsaw: Polish Acad Sciences Committee Metrology & Res Equipment, v. 14, n. 1, p. 117-123, 2007.
- Polish Acad Sciences Committee Metrology & Res Equipment
- chemical contamination
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.